From file sharing to your mobile meeting room.
We are very pleased to announce to you a major release : Elqui 2.0.
We have worked hard this summer to completely redesign the application with three goals :
- Improve the user experience to make it more appropriate for business meetings.
- Improve the simplicity and elegance of the application to make it a joy to use.
- build a new interface in which we can easily integrate new features. The first, a presentation tool, will be ready by the end of the month !
Elqui 2.0 is major step in the application’s evolution because we have evolved from a file sharing tool to a mobile meeting room !
The transformation is amazing :
1.a & 1.b – Starting interface.
2.a & 2.b) Main interface.
In the old version there were different interfaces for you (screenshot 1.a) and your host (screenshot 2.a). To simplify this we have merged the two interfaces (screenshot 2.b). You now see the same thing as your host !
The new interface is comprised of 5 zones :
- [Only visible by you] the view bar : enables you to Stop the session and to parameter the application.
- The file zone where you can manage all of the shared files.
- The business card zone : contains all your profile information. They are automatically compiled in a virtual business card that every host can download with a single click.
- [Only visible by you] The sessions information zone : contains the wifi name and password.
- The connected user zone : a new brand feature of Elqui 2.0. You can now see who is connected with and which type of device.
We have rethink the way you create a session to make it more appropriate for a meeting-like environment. You can now customize the wifi name, the wifi password and the shared folder for each of your meetings. For example you can put an explicit wifi name with your company name or you can put a more neutral one for a confidential meeting.
Similar to the old version, you manage your files directly from the windows file explorer. To simplify its access, Elqui automatically creates a shortcut in the file explorer.
In the old version, there was only one folder shared for each session and the files you received arrived in a different folder named « Réception ». We have improved this with two modifications :
- Now all the files you receive arrive directly in your shared folder and not in a different folder. It’s much more practical when someone shares a file because it is immediately shared with all users and not only you. It also avoids a lot of copy/paste between the shared folder and the « Réception folder ».
- You can choose which folder you share for each session. If you have 4 meetings during your day, you can prepare 4 folder s« meeting 1 », « meeting 2 », … with the appropriate files. For the first meeting, you just have to create a session with the « meeting 1 » folder, then the « meeting 2 » folder for your second meeting …
If you dont’ have the time to prepare for your meeting, you can also create a new folder directly within the app to quickly start a new session with a clean directory.
To improve the application’s security, all of the connected users now have to identify themselves before joining your Elqui meeting. You will see their name and email in the user list as well as the type of device they are using.
Thanks to this authentification you will know who has uploaded or dowloaded which files.
Profile & business card sharing
In Elqui 2.0 you can now enter your full contact information :
About you :
- First name, last name & email.
- Profile photo.
- Job title.
- Mobile phone number.
- Office phone number.
About your company :
Your information is automatically formatted into a numeric business card (vcard file) so that your clients get them in a single click.
When they download it, it opens automatically in their default contact application. Unlike a paper business card, they can’t lose it and they do not have to re-type all of the data.
And a lot more is coming …
One of our main objectives with Elqui 2.0 was to redesign the main interface to be able to easily integrate new features. The next one is a presentation tool that will be ready at the end of the month and a lot more are coming …